Wednesday 26 June 2013

Cats...

You all knew this was coming...(here's some cat facts before you start reading my post)

My cats are literally like my babies. I’ll probably end up like one of those crazy ladies living with 50 cats, and that thought doesn’t even bother me! Honestly though, something happens to my heart whenever animals are mentioned. Most of you probably know that I have this( totally amazing) obsession with cats, but honestly, it’s not that bad. Trust me guys.

It’s strange though, like I can sit there talking to my cats for hours when I’m in a bad mood, but then when humans try to talk to me, I get all angry and they’ll probably make my mood worse. My cats though, they’ll sit there silently with their gorgeous little eyes just staring at me. They might throw in a couple of pieces of advice here and there, but mostly, they just sit there and listen. You’re probably thinking ‘what?’ and I don’t know how else to explain this…but I can understand cats. You can just tell what they’re saying from the way they meow or the way they look at you, it’s crazy, I know, but it’s true. I think people who love cats as much as I, will understand what I’m trying to say here, but if you don’t like cats, then I have no other way of explaining this to you, and you should probably stop reading this post.  

If you hate cats, I hate you. If my cats dislike you, then I don’t like you either. Simple as that. One thing that really annoys me is when guests come to my house who don’t like cats and my mum agrees with everything they say, and make them sound so bad, but my babies are so good! I’m then forced to take them out, and it breaks my heart when I see them scratching at the window, with their cute little eyes, practically begging to come back in. Why don’t the guests leave? If you don’t like what’s in my house, get out, simple. Then as soon as they go, my parents love my cats again. No, that is NOT how it works.

Seriously, do not cross paths with me if you hate animals, because you will not leave my presence without crying. I will make you feel absolutely terrible, sit you down, and lecture you with all my facts, okay? I’ll tell you about how animals have feelings too and they understand when you say you hate them. I’ll tell you how you have no right to say those things. I’ll tell you that I like animals more than you.
 
I would like to make an animal shelter when I’m older and rescues all those stray animals, because seeing them in the rain and cold every day actually breaks my heart *tries not to cry*. Animals have feelings too, and we should love them, because when an animal loves you, it really loves you.

That’s the end then I suppose, I could continue if you want me too though...

Candy :)

Fluffy :)

A.P ~

5 comments:

  1. Thanks A.P. this is an interesting, engaging and passionate piece of writing. Your all-consuming love for your cats really comes across very forcefully!

    How would you feel if someone ‘stole’ your cat(s)? Pretty awful I expect. Well, that is almost exactly what my wife and I have done. We didn’t mean to, it just sort of happened (please God, forgive a wretched, repentant sinner!). This cat just started visiting us. He/she was lovely and stole our hearts before we even thought about stealing him/her. In our defence we didn’t feed him/her or let him/her stay overnight for the first couple of weeks, but nevertheless the visits kept becoming longer and more frequent. What would you do? He/she looked too well fed and seemed far too well-adjusted to be a stray, but we couldn’t be sure. Soon, every day when I came home from work there he/she was, his/her ‘cute little eyes practically begging’ to come in – only a monster with a heart of stone would have been able to refuse such an appeal. Now she is virtually our child and there is no turning back. Am I evil?

    Anyway, I’ve always liked cats: their nonchalance; their vicious cruelty towards mice; their stubborn independence; their imperturbable laziness; but I’ve never felt a personal connection with an animal before this recent visitor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand your passion A.P, haha, cats have always been a love of mine and I feel an almost connection too. I have always been a hippy at heart. There was an incident once, my Aunt trod on a bug, of course I cried my eyes out and called her a murderer!

    I like the enthusiasm in your writing. Your plans for the future sound wonderful, make sure you fulfill your animal shelter dreams.

    -HM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgot to mention...that incident with the crying happened about 13 years ago. But hey, still worth a mention!

    -HM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Mr Reeves for that comment. I have no idea how you see what you did to be an evil thing! I would've done exactly the same thing! If the cat was always at your house, clearly it recognised you and your wife as important people, and even though it seemed well fed, maybe it wasn't well loved! So there's nothing wrong with it! I'm visited by so many cats from the neighbourhood and me and my family always give them some food, milk and care before they run off! I came late to school last week because I saw a cat outside school. It had a collar so it definitely had a home, but I sat with it and gave it my lunch anyway! Trust me, it is not an evil thing! You become attached to animals as if they're your own children...

    Oh and I would hate it if someone actually stole my cats. If they give them some food and love, that's fine, but steal my babies and they're dead!

    A.P ~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks HM for your comment! I totally understand why you cried your eyes out for that bug, I would've done the same (even now)!! I love the fact you understand my connection too, makes me feel like I'm not that weird!

    A.P ~

    ReplyDelete