Tuesday 25 June 2013

Are Oranges the Only Fruit?

............................................................................................................................................................well, the easiest way to answer that question would be NO.
This brings me onto the whole idea of what i'm trying to get at here and it is... dan dan dannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn - FRUIT

We all underestimate the stereotypical fruit bowl, with a not so yellow banana, bruised apple, 1 grape and if your lucky a pear, reaching out to be consumed and freed from the glooms of that dreaded bowl...

Whats more important is,  are we eating enough of our fellow 'healthy' fruits? Again this answer to this is NO.  Research has found that fewer than a third of adults and only one in 10 children are eating their recommended "five-a-day" of fruit and vegetables... so i've come up with a couple of ways to glamorize your fruit bowl and make it that oh so much more exciting:

The perfect fruit bowl recipe

Equipment needed for your new and improved bursting bowl of flavor:
  • A snazzy, hip and 'cool' fruit bowl 
  • And a selection of your new founded love of exciting fruits 
Suggestions for your new fruit bowl (its good to keep somethings the same)

  • Bookey Bananananananasss 
  • Addictive Apples 
  • Glamorous Grapes 
  • Kicking Kiwi's
  • Cheeky Cherries 
  • Dangerous Dragon-fruit 
  • Naughty Nectarines 
  • Raunchy Raspberries 
  • Mega melons (we like em big) 
  • Unusual Ugli Fruit
Method:Go to the shop, buy your fruit, put it in your new fruit bowl and there you have it, your a changed person, icier than ice, cooler than cool, your fruit bowl will blow everyone else's out the water, you run your fruit bowl now, so go on.... EAT EAT EAT!!

If you find any of the things i've said confusing or upsetting then find me and we can work through your befuddling situation and get you on your way to your new lifestyle with your oh so important and cherished fruit bowl

Despicable Lea :) 














4 comments:

  1. Ha ha! I agree: everyone needs an exciting fruit bowl. Mine is just downright depressing!

    This is a very lively, engaging and thoughtfully presented piece of writing, with some very imaginative use of language. Thanks for an entertaining read. You would make a great ambassador for healthy eating. I am sold!

    But will I really become a changed person? Can fruit really have such a dramatic impact on a person’s life? We all know fruit is good for you but will I really become ‘icier than ice’? And, indeed, it may interest you to know that fruit was not always held in such high esteem. I have recently finished reading ‘The Time Traveller’s Guide to Elizabethan England’ by Ian Mortimer, a fascinating book about all aspects of life in the time of Shakespeare, and it seems that the Elizabethans were not so convinced about the benefits of our juicy friends. Sir Thomas Elyot believed that though fruit was a staple of our diets in the Garden of Eden, our bodies had changed since those times and that ‘all fruits are noyful to man and do engender ill humours’; meaning that they could make you depressed, weak or irritable!

    I do have one question: what does ‘Bookey’ mean? Not even Google seems to know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I hope my blog comes as inspiration to you to add that ZANG to your fruit bowl!
    I am considering becoming a nutrionist if all else fails in my life so I value your comments highly!

    The idea of fruit making people happy has been debated about for years but there has been various research to prove that consuming fruit and vegetables leads to less anxiety and nerousness and can make indviduals generally more happier.
    A study pupblished by prevention.com showed this with a large sample of individuals so knock yourself out and read about how fruit can SPICE UP YOUR LIFE :D

    http://www.prevention.com/food/food-remedies/eating-fruits-and-vegetable-linked-happiness

    Like I said before it is an ongoing battle, but you have to pick a side and I stand by fruits! Just think, demolishing a couple of chocoalte bars may seem appealing at first, but after the bloated sickly feeling may kick in. If you were to plop down a few grapes now, then the feelings would be completely different.

    Its all a matter of what people like. I believe that fruit could change you if you really wanted it to... its whether you have the willpower to pursue spicing up your fruit bowl that counts!!!

    Oh and Bookey is a word that I didnt know until a while ago, and google isnt familiar with this terminology of whats on the streets these days.

    According to the word on the street... as far as I know it refers to something which doesnt seem right? Like 'something fishy's going on around here'is a good example of what it means? That was a really bad explanation but I hope it helped!
    Despicable Lea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving your explanation of 'bookey' :P

    Charlie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! I did it! I had a MASSIVE fruit salad last night: melon, mango, grapes, pineapple (pre-packaged I have to admit - sorry Lea the fruit bowl cultivation wil have to wait until the summer holidays). And what do you know? I am 'icier than ice'. Hell, I'm icier than a damn iceberg! I'm frozen solid. This is great! Any feelings of anxiety have simply melted away like a polar ice cap!
    I'm being slightly facetious (sorry, it's a default setting) but I genuinely do feel quite relaxed today and I've only thought about quitting it all and running away to a remote hilltop log cabin in Scotland once so far this morning. So that's good (I think).

    ReplyDelete