Wednesday 6 November 2013

Are bongos and djembes just the same thing? if so I don't want to live anymore.

William Blake: "And Did Those Feet" And did those feet in ancient time Walk upon England's mountains green? And was the holy Lamb of God On England's pleasant pastures seen? And did the Countenance Divine Shine forth upon our clouded hills? And was Jerusalem builded here Among these dark satanic mills? Bring me my bow of burning gold! Bring me my arrows of desire! Bring me my spear! O clouds, unfold! Bring me my chariot of fire! I will not cease from mental fight, Nor shall my sword sleep in my hand, Till we have built Jerusalem In England's green and pleasant land This poem is a very famous poem by William blake that has been more commonly known as the piece of music called Jerusalem. It was changed into a piece of music, for the greatness of the poem, and the hype it got, and then added to it was word painting with the music. It is mainly heard at very patriarchal occasions as it talks of the legend that jesus visited England and that it starts of straight away in wonder that the feet of jesus walked on mountains. You can here it every time at the proms as it celebrates Britain. It was used at the olympic opening ceremony, and the actually presentation was based on the poem. It talks of how they will build a new Jerusalem, a new holy place in England, welcoming the second coming of jesus. He has a fighting attitude of wanting to build a new Jerusalem and that he will not stop until he does. I really like William Blake as a poet, cause it seems he is very expressive! Apparently at a young age he had many visions of seeing God and seeing angels, and that as much as his parents discouraged him, he still was convinced he saw them. He wanted to become a painter at the age of 10 and he was sent of to a drawing school, after this he started writing beautiful poetry. His writing addressed the sense that he wanted change and that he stood by his morals which in my books is a big thumbs up!Just in general he is a creative man but doesn't faf around with all his words, but makes it clear yet dramatic. Similar? I think soooooooo

No comments:

Post a Comment